Sunday, July 8, 2012

Higgs Boson and BIM

Recently I met with a guy who is a sales manager in a construction products manufacturer. When he asked me what do I do, I was 100% sure he will not know anything about BIM so I gave him a fast simple answer.

But the unexpected happened and he said he heard about it and started asking questions.

Well, he is in sales, his core business is not construction and yet he knows BIM! Wow! Wow!

Seems like BIM is getting really popular!

However when the discussion got deeper, I noticed that his perception of BIM is similiar to my perception of Higgs Boson:)))

I tried to explain him that BIM is not such a complicated thing and have been around for more than 20 years but it didn't work much.

Obviously people like the idea of BIM being very complex piece of technology  and will change everything and create a brand new construction world where the construction materials will be teleported, site excavation will be done by some super laser in 2 sec etc.

Well, it would be good but we are not there yet:))

PS: By the way, I finally understood what is this "Higgs Boson". (Yes, I feel very special now:)) There is a short video here for the curious ones.

Cheers,
Diyane

4 comments: